We can all agree that modern paintings are extremely popular and many people choose to add them to their home. However, if you haven’t added a lot of artwork to your home before, you may find yourself wondering how to go about doing so. Of course, adding modern paintings to your home first requires you to choose paintings. This should be a decision based on personal preference, but you shouldn’t struggle to find something that you like and something that works well in your home. Once you have chosen a painting that ticks every box, it’s time to think about where to put it. Luckily, modern paintings work in a variety of locations and they really do add something unique to whichever room they are in.
Why Do People Add Modern Paintings To Their Home?
There is no getting away from the fact that modern paintings are extremely popular; they are the ‘go to’ choice for many keen art lovers, as well as those who are only just beginning to enjoy art. People add modern paintings to their home as a way to express their artistic interest, to add something unique to a room and to bring colour into the home. Adding unusual and personal items to a home is an effective way of making the space feel like your own, and modern paintings are great for this.
Why Choose Modern Art?
With so many styles of art to choose from, you may be wondering why so many people choose modern art. This is because modern paintings reflect the world we live in today; they are bold, full of energy and easy to connect to. There is also a lot of range in modern artwork, and no two pieces are alike. Whether you are interested in abstract art or unusual wall art, you will find it in the modern art world. For example, I focus my attention on abstract paintings and making wall art using aluminium, but other artists explore modern art in a completely different way.
Top Tips for Adding a Modern Painting to Your Home
- Find the Perfect Location – You are, of course, able to hang a modern painting anywhere in your home. However, there are some locations that work better than others. I would recommend putting artwork in a living space that you use often, as this is where you are likely to see and enjoy the artwork the most. This could be the living room, hallway, office or even the kitchen. After spending money and investing in a piece of art, it’s important to enjoy it as much as possible.
- Make the Painting a Major Focal Point – One of the key things to do when adding a modern painting to your home, is make the painting a major focal point. A room without a focal point can appear disorganised, and artwork is the ideal focus amongst everything else. This involves showcasing the painting in an obvious way, somewhere people immediately pay attention to when they enter a room. Not only does this ensure everyone sees the modern painting that you have bought, making it a worthwhile investment, but it sets the energy and mood for the entire room.
- Encourage Artistic Conversations and Discussions – When you are adding modern paintings to your home, encourage artistic conversations and discussions with visitors. Everyone appreciates art in a slightly different way – seeing something unique in the colours and experiencing an emotion that’s personal to them – and this makes modern paintings the perfect talking point. It’s a great way to get other people involved in the painting and to share your interest in art. Plus, it makes a modern painting much more than a simple decorative piece.
- Don’t Be Afraid to Express Your Artistic Preferences – When it comes to modern paintings, you certainly won’t find yourself short of choice. Though this gives you a lot of art to consider, it does mean that you are sure to find the ideal painting for you. Many people are hesitant to choose a painting they love, simply because they are worried that other people may not like it. However, art is all about personal preference and you shouldn’t be afraid to express your unique tastes.
- Think About Colours, Shapes and Textures – With so many modern paintings to choose from you need to think about the colours, shapes and textures used. This ensures you are adding a modern painting that works with what is already in your home, rather than one that stands out in the wrong way. Though a modern painting should stand out, it should do so positively and as a featured piece, not as something that doesn’t quite fit in with everything else in your home. If you have existing art in your home, think about choosing a modern painting that fits in with them.
Modern Paintings at Allanisart
At Allanisart, I firmly believe that adding modern paintings to your home can make a world of difference. Not only does artwork brighten up a living space, but it’s also a great way to showcase your personal taste and individuality. In fact, I don’t know why more people aren’t adding modern artwork into their home. It really does make a significant difference, and can transform a living space.
As an artist, I am passionate about having paintings in the home and my original abstract paintings are ideal. They are contemporary, unique and provide the perfect pop of colour. Whether you have a small studio apartment or a large and lavish house, a modern painting can transform a room into something special. By taking a look at my collection, you will see the modern art I have available. If you don’t see something you immediately like, let me know and we can discuss custom pieces and commissions. To find out more about any of my artwork, including my large metal wall art pieces, get in touch.